Position Title: Community Programs Intern
Position/Job Function: Communications, Management/Administration, Faith-Based Initiatives
Position Description & Qualifications: Homeward is a nonprofit in Richmond that utilizes data, collaborative partnerships and best practices to end homelessness for our most vulnerable neighbors. This is an exciting time for our work, as there is much momentum and progress ending homelessness both locally and nationally. We are looking for an intern to help us coordinate and support community programs that will play a vital role in Richmond’s efforts to end homelessness.
The Coalition Programs Intern will be tasked with supporting and facilitating community meal programs and faith-based organization coordination. Additionally, the Intern will help create and re-house organization of community meal programs.
Projects will include:
1. Reaching out to congregations and faith-based organizations to participate in the “faith forum” group in Richmond.
2. Updating and managing communications to the faith forum group.
3. Expanding faith-based groups involved to the counties surrounding Richmond.
4. Researching and contacting providers to accurately update community meal information.
5. Enhancing a mechanism to coordinate community meal programs.
Qualifications: Self-starter, interested in nonprofits, excellent writing and overall communication skills, and ability to work independently. Experience with interfaith initiatives, community meals collaborative, and/or homeless services preferred.
Homeward is located at 1125 Commerce Road, in Richmond, Virginia.
Position Compensation: Unpaid, but Homeward is willing to negotiate a stipend for gas/travel and local professional development opportunities
Desired Start Date: Late May, 2017