Nonprofit Service Providers at the 2016 Project Homeless Connect:
Ways To Stay Involved:
Greater Richmond homeless services providers just launched a campaign to permanently house 90 single adults between now and January 26, 2017. This is our largest sub-population of individuals experiencing homelessness, and extra resources and community support are needed to meet this goal:
- Support the feeding programs taking place currently. They need help with hospitality greeters for people coming to receive food.
- Make bagged lunches for men at The Healing Place and drop them off on Friday for their walk to services on Saturday.
- Provide gift cards to restaurants or convenience stores for meals.
- Offer bus tickets to individuals who lack access to transportation to employment, medical appointments, and other services.
- Run a collection drive for basic kitchen and household items as well as cold weather clothing and shoes.
- Challenge your group to provide flexible funding to pay for the costs that arise when moving to expedite the housing process.
- To connect with existing efforts to provide meals and services, call Tiffany Hall Terry, Director of Community Engagement at CARITAS or Hana Yun, Outreach Social Worker at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, at 804-372-5446.
- For additional volunteer opportunities: www.handsonrva.org.